Sunday, January 4, 2009

MIA...



So I've been out of commission for a bit. So sorry for the delay. Between moving, Madie's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Madie's baptism, and remodeling I've been a wee bit busy. Plus the battery in our camera was dead and I just got around to finding the battery recharger on Friday. Yeah! It was very nice but I'm happy to be settling down finally to a normal routine for a bit. Plus I got a big fancy new quilting frame for Christmas that I've been dieing to try out!

The house is great. It's been lots of fun painting and getting all set up. I finally have a couple of rooms some what finished so I can show them off. First is the kitchen/dining room. We painted the walls green and did a cream vanetian plaster on one wall. In the front room we painted. There is pergo through most of the upstairs. We went to a nice carpet store and picked out a remnant carpet we loved and had it bound. Then we put padding underneath so it's nice and soft. It's great because we can take it out when we are sick of it or move.

That's all for now. Soon I'll have more pics. We are putting carpet in the basement and getting drapes in our bedroom so I'll be able to post more soon. Oh, here is a lovely view of our house in the evening with all of our lights and the beautiful snow outside. We've had tons of fun in the snow. And have been very cold. Tom keeps trying to convince me that our house is cold, but really, it's just Utah in the winter. He even had more insulation installed in the attic and got some quotes on new windows. (a bit too pricey for now, maybe next year)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas was great. It was wonderful to be home and to see and share it with all of the family. Luckily, we had all of our family parties before Christmas Eve so we were able to relax and enjoy Christmas Eve and Day at our leasure. We had Susan and Jerry over for ham on Christmas Eve. And then we went to their house Christmas Day. The kids loved their presents and played and played. One of my favorite things is Rock Band. It's been a lot of fun. The kids try to play it and do pretty well on the easier songs. It's really cute. When playing the drums they just hit the right drum about 50 gazillion times trying to get it right. Madie even picks up the mic and sings. It's great practice for her reading too!

New Years Eve we went to our friends house and playing Rock Band 'till midnight. It was fun to hang out with them. They only live about 5 or 6 houses away on the block below us. Tom has been friends with Tom (also) since at least high school I think. I really like his wife Karen and some of our kids are the same age.

Well, I should go to bed. Need to get on a better schedule, new years goals and all that. Happy New Year!

Love Always,
Amber

No comments: