Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to you!





Today is a very special day
. It is the 4t
h birthday of my first son. Logan was born in Marion Ohio. Tom did his OB rotation the last month of my pregnancy. So for my weekly appointment he was always there because he was doing his rotation with our OB. It was an exciting time. I couldn't wait to see my new baby boy, and I loved seeing my handsome husband working at the doctor's office.

I am a very large pregnant woman. One of the patients that Tom saw after me told him, "I just saw a pregnant woman in the waiting room and she was huge!". She also said I was wearing
a black top and had to keep pulling it down. He told her I was having my baby in 2 days, but didn't say I was his wife. He didn't want her to feel embarrassed that she was talking about his wife. I don't get offended about my pregnant weight, I really, truly am that huge.
Logan's birth was a very special one for me. I love kids, and babies. All of them. So I was so very thrilled to be having another of my very own. I have very large babies so c-sections are required. I was nervous, and a little scared. (After you've had one baby you know too much about what's coming next. And yes, you so quickly forget how hard it really is, until the day of the delivery when you're having your next when it all comes back to you so clearly) Tom, the love of my live, was by my side. When they placed all 9 lbs 7 oz of him in my arms, an overwhelming feeling of love and peace came over me. Love for my son, love for my husband, and also the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. It was one of the times in my life that I have felt that Heaven is so much closer than we ever know.

Happy Birthday son, I love you with all my heart.


xoxo always,
Amber

No comments: