Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tyer Tuesday.....sleepovers

Photobucket Image Hosting
Sleep overs at grandma's house is a necessary part of childhood. I loved sleeping over. I'm the oldest of three girls. We would all snuggle down in the couch hide-away bed (what do you call those things?) and gramps and grandma would tuck us in for bed. I remember feeling the most wonderful feelings of love, comfort, and safety when we were there. I would always wake up and there would be grandma in her tourquise robe and curlers reading a book. And the delicious smell of fresh brewed coffee would be wafting through the air. Our family never drank coffee, but anytime I walk past the coffee bean aisle at the grocer I can't help but inhale deeply and smile as memories of gramps and grandma come flooding in. Later in the morning we always made cinnamon rolls. And of course they were yummy! I think I need to make some tomorrow....


Love always,


XOXO

Amber


No comments: